Hello ACS Families,
Here are your updates for the week ending on Friday, January 27, 2023 …also available on the school website under Quick Links.
Our new Lunch Program is now available through Dishes 2U. Meals may be purchased up to 11am the day prior. Staff (ACS and St. Gabriel) make an account and receive a discount for you and your children. (To be eligible for a discount, you must inform Dishes 2U via customer care email.) There are 5 vendors each serving 1 day of the week. View the list of vendors attached.
January 27, Friday: In Service for Teachers, Noon dismissal for students. No lunch and no aftercare
January 29 – Feb 3 Catholic Schools Week: Look at the CSW Master schedule attached for details on dress attire, who is hosting the day and extras.
- Friday, January 27: Pep Rally Kick Off at 11:15am by Student Council.
- Sat-Fri, January 27-February 3: Miracles of the Eucharist – Blessed Carlos Acutis in the Parish Hall, building A. Open for viewing: Fri, Jan. 27 11 am – 4 pm; Jan. 28-30 8 am – 4 pm; Jan. 31-Feb. 2 8 am – 8 pm
- Sunday, January 29: All School Mass at 10:30 AM followed by Open House. Students in uniform please! Classrooms are open for tours, pizza, free throw contests by the Knights of Columbus. All are welcome.
- Monday, January 30: Celebrate the Community. Free dress if you wore your full ACS uniform to Mass and Open House.
- Tuesday, January 31: Celebrate Vocations. Sisters of Life will be visiting campus. They plan to arrive around 11 AM and visit with the students during all lunches. Then there will be 2 separate talks in the church after lunch.
- Wednesday, February 1: Celebrate Faculty, Staff, & Volunteers. Luncheon to celebrate our faculty & staff! More details to come!
- Thursday, February 2: Celebrate the Nation. Flag Ceremony at the flagpole in the church courtyard at 8:05 am. This will replace your morning prayer. We will present Police, Fire, and Military with the letters written by the students!
- Friday, February 3: Celebrate the Students. STREAM event in the morning. The students will select prizes at lunch with points earned throughout the week from Catholic Trivia. Lastly, the 8th grade vs. Faculty volleyball game. Come watch the fun!
Christian Service Award: Now open for 8th grade students to apply for a scholarship to any of the Diocese of Phoenix Catholic High Schools. Find application and eligibility requirements here Catholic Community Foundation
Entrepreneur Club: Visit the Entrepreneur Club table during Open House on January 29 to purchase Valentine Candy Grams. See attached flyer.
Moving or need stuff removed? Call Pinks Moving and Storage company! PInks moving Co are ACS parents and will donate 10% back to ACS. See January flyer attached.
February 15, Wednesday: Fundraising Dine Out.Join us at Rubio’s Coastal Grill on 2/15 from 11 am – 8pm 32415 N Scottsdale Rd, Scottsdale, AZ
February 24, Friday: ACS Night at the Phoenix Suns Game! Tickets are going fast for our outing to the Suns vs. Thunder game! Purchase now while there’s still availability. Discounted tickets include special access to watch pregame warm-ups courtside. Buy here: https://annunciation.schoolauction.net/acscrosscountry/g/phoenixsuns
Send questions to Mike Scagnoli, ACS Dads Club, email@example.com.
March 4, Saturday: Annual Daddy & Daughter Dance 6:30 – 8:30pm, ACS Outdoor Pavilion. Invitations will be sent home with all ACS girls soon, but a copy is also attached to this email. Reserve tickets today!
Evening Under the Stars: The Evening Under the Stars-The Joker’s Wild- will be held on Saturday, April 1, 2023. A lot of fun things are planned for this event. If you are interested in being part of the team, please email Keli McCann at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers are needed for the following committees; Auction, Donations, Sponsorships, Baskets, Setup, and Clean up.
ACS Volunteers: We appreciate all of our ACS volunteers.
Complete your Safe Environment Training with CMGconnect . All training is online – renewal (Online Renewal for Lay Persons -Safe Haven Part 3) and 1st time volunteers: Online Foundation Training Safe Haven-It’s Up to You. Your safe environment training must be completed prior to volunteering on campus. Please complete it as soon as possible.
MobileServe App is used to track all volunteer hours. Parents, please create an account. With your account, you’ll be able to view and sign up for events at the school. View and join the volunteer opportunities that are available. Thank you for being part of the ACS Community. URGENT: We need volunteers for lunch duty for the last week of January and all of February! Lunchtime is an easy way to volunteer, meet new friends and see your student! Plus, we need your help! Please sign up to volunteer for Lunch Duty January and February 2023.