Catholic Identity Committee
Our School's Catholic Identity
Our parent based group supports Annunciation's Catholic identity in the classroom and the community. Together with our teaching faculty we serve by organizing a variety of faith-based community prayers, learning activities and charitable service projects to enhance our children's Catholic experience.
We assist in the care and keeping of classroom faith materials and work cooperatively with school administrators and the parent advisory board in the development of our school's effective and ever evolving Catholic identity program.
Acting in faith and love demonstrates the authenticity of our beliefs to our children, who in turn learn to love their faith by example.
Here are some of the ways we strengthen our students faith at Annunciation:
- Daily prayer and religious instruction in class by certified catechist teachers.
- Weekly student Mass with the church community including holy days of obligation.
- Monthly community prayer and monthly all school Rosary.
- Regular student Reconciliation service for all students who have received the sacrament.
- Regular classroom visits by church pastors, deacons and Catholic religious.